Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lifes Little Gifts

Life has many little gifts that present themselves in various ways...Sometimes these gifts come in little packages and sometimes in big ones.  Today I find that the gift given to me was in the form of money...you can't beat that one! It's crazy...money is really nothing but I seem to worry about it almost all the time!

That is something in my life I am trying to let go of...We have never gone without and we never will! We are blessed and I need to remember that even when times are tough! That is so hard to do but I know that this worry is getting me no where.

Other gifts that we are given are sometimes more subtle and we need to really appreciate our surrounding to appreciate them! I find that the beauty of our property and surroundings are gifts that we only need to open our eyes to receive.

When I was in Africa in 2000, I went there knowing that the African people have very little to nothing and knew that I was in for a shock.  I guess I didn't realize how much of an impact the trip would have on my life. 

When I got home I quit my job and went to work for a non-profit company and tried to not take anything for granted.  That lasted a year or so and slowly life crept back in.  I want to get back to the place where every gift/blessing does not go unoticed. 

Little gifts like ice coming out of the ice machine.  My health even though I have little daily aches and pains, my overall health is good. My husband...oh what a man he is! Our healthy and wonderful daughter.  This mansion that we live in...I look and huge homes and sometimes wonder what it would be like to live there and quickly remember that my home is that huge home that surrounds the three of us so comfortably. 

I needed this little blessing to remind me that we are doing great and we are and will always be taken care of!  I neeeded this to remind me that even without all the money in the world, we are blessed with Lifes Little Gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment